View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Obviously it isn't overatted by me. Subaru did a great job making turbo lag free cars 15 years ago now that they have become the boy ricer club members turbo lag is cool huh. As for your "lag eliminator" its tough to go down below first gear.

Yeah, I really wanna get 10 miles a gallon out of a 4 banger when I could simply buy a 6 that'll get 20 when driven hard plus as an owner of a stick subaru the 5 speeds have some definate limitations (i.e. more chatter than cops talking about doughnuts).
My dads WRX gets significantly better gas mileage than my SVX does, and he probably drives it harder than I do. He's also significantly faster

Turbo cars that are "lag free" aren't making near the power they could if they had a larger turbo on them. smaller turbos are usually much less efficient and usually don't give a "wider" power band, just a lower one.

peak torque to peak hp on a smaller turbo'd engine usually is about equal in terms of rpm range to peak to peak on a larger turbo'd engine. the only difference, is with the increased size, the rev range is moved up and as such, ends up making significantly more power.

and as for first gear, thats what the clutch is for

again this is just my opinion. if i wanted torque down low i'd have a large displacement v-8...

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker