Thread: Turbo!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 04:17 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by sperry
<-- new here, so bare with me if I ask questions I should know the answer to...

I'm really interested in a turbo (well twin turbo actually) in a year or two. What sort of supporting mods do you have?

Fuel delivery: pump and injectors?

Engine managment: can you piggy-back the ECU or did you go stand-alone?

Transmission: what's putting all that power and torque to the wheels?

Exhaust: I assume it's a 3-2-1 header setup to an up pipe, then a 2.5" or 3" turbo back?

Intercooler: is that all custom fabbed, or does someone make a kit?

Turbo: what turbo are you using, how much boost?

Motor: did you lower the compression before going FI?

...and most importantly: how does it drive!!? How's the lag? Got it on a dyno yet?

Anyway... that setup looks pretty sweet. I agree that the FMIC looks terrific! I didn't think you could get one down in that bumper, but you're right, it looks great!
I can't remember most of SVXtasy's details, but I recall it being a T03/04 turbo, FMIC not specific to the SVX, 6-7 psi of boost, I THOUGHT it was still stock exhaust manifolds but not positive anymore. Stock compression. I believe WRX 5 speed. He has that "AIC" for extra fuel delivery... still same pump (I think) with 2 additional injectors kicking in when manifold pressure gets up to the point where more fuel (than the stock injectors can supply) is needed.

I'm wondering how that FMIC would look behind "Stevebsys'" front bumper cover... big reason I bought one from him.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment