Old 12-13-2002, 08:31 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Lock-up. Your daughters!

Quote:
Originally posted by svx_commuter
This is all very interesting. Thanks Joe for the info and I would like to know a little more.....

So what does ATSG stand for?

John
(User of the SM)
Hi John and other SM users

ATSG stands for Automatic Transmission Service Group, they produce manuals for most common, and uncommon trannys.

See URL:

http://www.txchange.com/atsg.htm

Our tranny is listed as Subaru 4speed.

The manual is cheap, comprehensive, and in fact this should be listed as one of the LINKS on our main site resource page. You could do worse than buy one, from memory mine only cost about $17 or so.

Regards lockup during acceleration, I will switch on POWER mode and check for you. I do believe it will only work for gentle acceleration. If you ask for a heavy load, then the torque converter has to be brought in to multiply up and do the work.

I ran mine for quite some time in POWER mode. It was harder on fuel, 2-4 mpg. However, you might expect this as a trade off. What you got in return was willingness to change down quicker, and also holding on to lower gears longer. With the extra revs used, you had to expect heavier consumption. It was, however, much more fun.

It is my pet theory that this higher consumption was the reason Fuji discontinued the POWER switch on JDM cars about '94.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl