View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX
Re: hopefully i convinced him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
It is too bad that there are so many people out there that don't care much about this car and look at it as only a way to make some money by selling parts.
If the SVX could be sold for what it's worth "spiritually", then this wouldn't be a problem. Not everybody is willing to surrender four digits' worth of cash in order to save them, though, and that's the bottom line.

I could probably give my still unsold Pearly away, but it's got a fresh engine, a good windshield, all the parts for a 5MT swap, GCs, Nevin's bar, and a lot of other in-demand pieces (working power window switch for the driver's door, anyone?) that could quickly add up to more than what I'd get with a raw sale.

How much am I willing to throw to SVX religion in order to save one? That's hard to say. How about you - any of you? $5k? $3k? Money doesn't grow on trees, and for some folks, it barely grows at all.

It's hard to face, but the car is just metal and plastic in its simplest form. Some people can see that easier than others.

All: Don't light me up because I'm speaking the truth. It's real, and you have to accept it.