View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Airplane builder-upper

First of all, I'd like to thank the posters that turned me on to a virtual cornucopia (sp?) of valuable information. Beer's on me if you make it up to my neck of the woods!!

Did the code check ala Earthworms site, got three codes which point to both O2 sensors, and an air-flow sensor. Got my pdf. Service Manual in the mail today, time to do some readin'!

P.S. - I know this is kinda "off-topic", and I'm not sure how the admins feel about it (delete/move if you feel it belongs somewhere else), but my original reason for buying an SVX was to measure up the engine for a transplant to one of my Porsche 914's (which would be a wicked little machine with one of these flat-6 beasts in it ...don't throw rocks yet! ) After driving my SVX from Milwaukee to St. Louis I absolutely fell in love with it's comfort and styling......this particular engine is staying right where it is! I'm still going to stuff one in the Porsche, but this SVX "will" be staying on the road....gettin' "what the hell is that" looks from everyone.