View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 09:10 PM
So what's this, a vintage car?

Spray paint on my car, what should I do?

So the other day, my genius of a roommate thought it was a champion of an idea to spray paint some shelves of his. He also thought it was a good idea to do this spray painting in the garage. The closed garage... where my SVX was.

Fortunately my car is dark green so the thin layer of black spray paint that's now on it isn't all that visible, but it is definitely there to the touch. It's also slightly dull instead of the normal nice gloss that it normally has. I included a pic of some newspaper that was right next to my car and had a shoebox on it during the incident so it provides a good before/after of what my baby is currently covered in. I must work hard to suppress my rage just looking at it.

Anyway, I don't really know a lot about car paint or spray paint for that matter. I'm wondering how to proceed, is it something that I could have professionally buffed out do you think? Or is it going to necessitate a repainting at some point (if I ever have the money )?

Am so very irritated right now. Hoping some kind and knowledgeable souls might have some advice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spray.jpg (89.4 KB, 142 views)