View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 07:05 PM

Wow, lots of questions.

Weird electrical things in the SVX have frequently been traced to worn and shorting wiring in the sun visor (passenger side mostly I think). Just to be sure, you should remove the trim piece and confirm the wires are in good order.

The row of lights lit up on the dash is usually indicative of a failing alternator. That, if true, could also be a source of electrical weirdness.

lwin (user name: Seraph - the search button is your friend) has a web page up somewhere on how to take out the dash. I haven't tried this, but try indiglo, or dash and removal, or something along those lines to try & find the post with a link.

Caster is not normally adjustable. If it's off that much I suspect accident damage or failure of bushings or ??? these are just guesses.

Don't know of any aftermarket strut replacement that's bolt-on. The OEM struts can be found on Ebay or at a dealer and sometimes on this site in the for sale section. You might want to take them loose and see if both are bad or just one. One failed strut is enough to make the hood no longer stay up - at least in my case.

good luck.