Thread: Show of support
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
i didn't know about that, and i too disagree with that type of behavior.

the troops do what they are told...this is for them, they are putting their lives on the line for something they probably don't know about, but they are doing it for us too and for that, i think they deserve respect

no flame intended

Kelli
I, like many people, gasped as Mr. Chin placed the flag over Saddam's statue's face. A very short time later, the flag was taken down and replaced with an Iraqi flag. Mr. Chin later explained that he'd been ordered to hoist the flag and then, had been ordered to take it down, then, had been offered the Iraqi flag by one of the people who'd ASKED them to help tear down the statue (they were having no luck with a sledge hammer and trying to pull it down bare-handed with ropes). I sat and watched the whole thing in awe and was extremely surprised to watch the contingent walk to the tank service vehicle (a tow truck for tanks) and ask for their help. Helps to know the whole story. It was a cooperative effort.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI