View Single Post
Old 03-26-2003, 08:47 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Radiator

I think you should be good on the radiator thing. Just use some fine or very fine sandpaper to scuff it up. Wipe it off good and let it dry. I think I got my Magnum Steel epoxy at Pep Boys (first I tried J.B. Weld which held for about 15 minutes). Make sure you follow the directions on the package for kneeding it together then slap it on and press it in. Should hold fine. I've had some on my radiator for almost a year- 5000ish miles without any problems. It doesn't even look like its getting brittle.

Like svx commuter said. Its widely believed that the plastic simple gets brittle with age and use. Most radiators have a 10-15 year lifespan anyways so if you have a 92 you're probably due for a new rad shortly esp. if your coolant hadn't been changed on a regular basis. The Magnum Steel will hold ya definately until you get the time/ money to put a new radiator in.

Lighting wise. Yeah, the low beams have 2 bulbs, the high beams have two bulbs and the only time you should have 4 on at the sametime is if you're fog lights are on. (You can get all 6 on when going from low to high for a split second though).

Welcome to the site!!!