View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 07:03 AM

^^^^^
(Sorry about that previous post John, you were still logged in at work and I didn't realize I was posting as you, so I edited it and logged you out)

Hi-

Nice thread Mike, and thank all you guys for everything you have done.

Mike for buying the cars and tracking down all the parts, as well as for being a clean freak and wanting everything to not only run properly, but look properly as well. And thanks for a great deal on a great car just in time . I hope your pearl works out well.

John for being a genious and giving up so much of your time to work on the car. Also for everything you have taught me about cars in general, and for putting up with my question-asking bolt-stripping n00biness. O yeah, and you have a cool garage, lots of good equipment, and a sacred corner with lots and lots of svx parts.

Eric for being cool and funny and working so hard on the svx. Also for letting the cars live at your house for a while (a long while). I think you definitely helped hold everybody and everything together on some of those late nights where we were wondering about the whole project.

Also thanks to Mike Davis for a great price on the seats (I like them a lot), and Tom for towing lots of cars.

The pearlie is still sitting in John's driveway. There are a couple insignificant things to look at, but basically it is waiting for registration and insurance which will happen any day now. I can't wait to take it home!

I also remember that two months ago I didn't know very much about cars at all, but I have good friends who have taught me a lot. Thanks for all the late nights, headaches, long hours worked in cold, windy weather, and for giving me a chance to work with you guys and learn how to take care of my car when I get it.

I have a subaru SVX!

Just to put in a good business word for my friends:

-You can trust Mike (Mike621), he is a good guy and is very good at finding good deals on cars and procuring obscure parts. He usually has a couple cars in the queue so check them out.

-John (AvPPoW) and Eric (It's Just Eric) are the best home mechanics that I know. They can do pretty much anything (probably even more than) a shop can while holding their work to a very high standard. It isn't just that they know what they are doing, it is that they care about the car as well and that comes out when they work. Check out John's "Mechanic Available in NJ" thread if you need work done on your car, or if maybe you would like a five speed swap...

O ya, "after" pics coming as soon as I get around to messing with my Mom's camera again, which should be soon.

Last edited by Excall; 02-27-2006 at 10:04 AM.