View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 03:12 PM

Registered SVX
Re: SVX Engine cooling "Again & Again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan View Post
Trevor, I have read this entire thread from page 1, and a great majority of your posts come off quite blatantly as argumentative, standoffish, and have a consistently holier-than-thou attitude about them. While you may not personally consider that to be 'bashing', many people here would. I do recognize that you are quite intelligent (you are the one who found the flaw in my timing unit way back when, after all), but you are arguing directly against an irrigation pump engineer, a man with an apparent background in fluid thermodynamics, and an employee of NASA's special vehicles division. To me, that would seem something of a folly.

I think we should just sit back, take our drinks of choice, and take a break from the keyboards while people fit Tony's modifications to an SVX. Arguing about it on the internet while the solution awaits accomplishes little. Real-world testing makes or breaks the whole argument without a single word needing be typed.
I am aware that the use of explicit good English within this environment, can result in me appearing to some as, “quite blatantly as argumentative, stand-offish and have a consistently holier-than-thou attitude.” Accurately recording what I have to say in a dumbed down fashion is impossible. I do not post in order to boost an ego, therefore the situation does not concern me.

Many may conclude that mature debate constitutes “bashing”. Likewise any correction of errors. If so, again the situation does not concern me.

I exactly understand the credentials of those with whom I am debating and give credit accordingly. You on the other hand without evidence, indicate that I am not a worthy contender. I do not accept your judgement and will not stand aside.

I fully agree with your final paragraph. However it has been evident that some have had in mind, spending time and effort on the basis of what has been presented to date whereby nothing is proven. This has been my concern.

I have already commented that this has become a stupid thread. It is accepted that those debating may be stupid in spending so much time in doing so, but valid information has come to light and the exercise is proving interesting.

The above narrative no doubt again presents a quite blatant, argumentative, stand offish, and consistently holier-than-thou attitude. I make no apology.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!