View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 05:46 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: STI Yellow Top Injector firmware

I installed the injectors on a stock JDM engine (taken down to the short block and sealed up tight with a new overhaul set but stock.) There really shouldn't be enough of a benefit from upgrading the injectors on a stock engine to justify doing it for no other reason. Strangely enough the car does feel stronger with them but that is probably my mind wanting it to be stronger or my recollection of how it felt before being off. I hadn't driven the car in months before this.

In this case this wasn't me writing the firmware so I could upgrade the injectors; this was me upgrading the injectors so I could write the firmware. I've been asked many times to write firmware for the yellow tops. A couple of times I said I'd do it if they used a wideband or one of my select monitor interfaces to give me data to dial it in after installing it; neither time did the data actually come back so I could polish things up and check the project off as successfully accomplished. I've just been saying no since then until just recently I again told someone I would do it. He has and impreza with a turbo eg33 running my 370cc/z32 afm firmware and wants firmware for yellow tops with a z32 air flow meter. I already made the modifications to the yellow top/svx afm firmware I am running now to switch to the z32 afm. I'll test that next weekend. I don't expect to have to make any revisions. I have a lot of experience with and proven #'s for the z32 afm at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflystyle View Post
Forgive my ignorance but is that on a stock engine? If so what are benefits of running with these injectors?