View Single Post
Old 12-22-2003, 06:54 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Thumbs down Drive so fast you'll lose your license... LITERALLY!!!!!!

>ARGH<

Today I just got the lamest ****tiest ticket ever, and I'm probably going to lose my license because of it. Let's back pedal a bit. In march, I was late for work, and I was speeding to get there on time. I got pulled over, got a ticket. Fine. I was speeding, I deserved it (I'll ignore the fact that everyone else was going 10 over, and that I was going 14 over wasn't going to kill anybody and the real dangers on the road are people not using their signals and driving inattentively while yapping on cell phones). Whatever. 4 points, gone.....

What happens? Less than a week later, I'm on the beltline, and a black lincoln navigator is driving like a dumbass, not using her signals, and cutting people off. I hit the gas and do 15 over to catch up to her, hold up my "Please use your turn signals" sign, as my radar detector goes off and I realize there's a cop up ahead. No biggie. The Lincoln Navigator was driving like an idiot and going faster than me, so they'll get pulled over long before I would be, right?

WRONG.

A few miles later a different cop pulls me over, and sites me for going 25mph over the speed limit, even though I was going at most 15. I explained that maybe the black SUV was who they wanted, because it was also black, and hte cop who was doing the radaring probably meant him. Sure enough, the only description they had was "a black car doing 25 over". Well with that pathetic scrap of evidence and obvious misunderstanding, I go to traffic court where they basically say "**** off, we won't change anything, pay the ticket, we don't care what you have to say". So since I received a ticket for a fairly huge 25 over (which I was not doing), its a hefty 6 points off my license. I have two left, and have been driving extremely carefully ever since.

GREAT.

So today, I'm driving up in northern WI delivering some crowns to a dental office, and I'm in no hurry. I'm getting paid to drive, so I'm driving as docile as a lamb, taking my time, kicking back. On the way back, I have to drive through a little town called "Rosendale" WI. You know the type. It's basically just an intersection of 2 small highways, no stop signs in the whole town, just one traffic light, and one ****ty old gas station. Well, I go through the light, and start driving out of town. I have the music on, I'm in a good mood. My radar detector isn't even plugged in because I'm not in a hurry, and not speeding. I see a '55mph' speed limit sign up ahead, and begin accelerating. Then I see a cop in a driveway to my left. I instinctively go for the brakes, but I check my speed and realize I'm doing only 43mph. Judging by the road I'm driving on (Huge 2 lanes, barely any houses, but still residential) I assume that it's 35mph, just like those streets are in madison.) I quickly breath a sigh of relief as I realize there's no way he would pull me over for doing 7 over.

WRONG.

Cop pulls out. "Oh ****". I pull over, pull my license out, and keep my hands on the wheel with the window down. Cop comes up to me. Real pleasant fella. He clocked me at 43mph in a 30. ****. I apologize profusely, tell him I was just accelerating to the 55mph zone up ahead, and in no hurry, and that I've just finished delivering some teeth. No use. He gives me a $77 ticket and 4 points off my license. I'm currently at negative 2. I ask him if there's anyway he could go easy on me, being Xmas and all, and that I'll lose my license. "Not my problem" I then show him my turn signal sign, pointing out that the real danger is people who cannot drive, and don't pay attention while yapping on phones. He doesn't care. He just starts walking back to his car, at which point I tell him to have a merry christmas and that I hope he gets coal.

ACK.

SO now, I need to go to court. Which judging on allof my past experiences in court, will not do a god damn thing. This just pisses me off. I wasn't driving like an idiot, I wasn't endangering anyone, but because some buttcrack town has to generate revenue by pulling people over for STUPID **** like accelerating to 55mph when they see the sign, I lose my license.

Any advice?

- Ca$h