View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 07:35 AM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Okay, I will now share the results of my test.

First off, I can't figure out how to do any of the baud stuff. I tried setting to 4808-8N1 but then the ECU wouldn't respond. Duh I wasn't talking in ascii. So I tried typing "7f111213141010" but that got no response. Nothing I tried got any response. I know NOTHING about ASCII, so I'm probably just doing it wrong.

I also don't know how to overwrite the 7f for the baud rate UART control. Please explain what memory address this is. I thought it was "94BC" but that got "64" not "7F." If I knew where to read/write from, I could test this whole override thing out.

However! I DID make a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE breakthrough. HUGE. GIGANTIC.

I found out the source of the junk data in my car.

When I ran the program with the car off running from the laptop battery, I got good data. When I ran the program with the car idling after a while with the laptop running on the inverter, I got junk data. But I noticed suddenly that while indeed it was junk, it wasn't nearly as bad as before. Not as many FF readings. And to my shock, there were a few random lines that read "123400."

So I unplugged the inverter. I got good data, to my extreme shock. But then the radiator fans came on, and I started getting As and Bs and stuff. I waited for them to turn off... and decided it was time to do a real experiment. I cleared my screen, sent the read command, and let it run.

Idling Low, Nothing On: 123400... (good data)
Idling Low, Headlights On: FFEEECFDFDE (extreme junk data)
Idling Low, Parking Lights On: AACABDDS906590A (not as much junk)
Revved up ~2000 RPM, Parking Lights On: 123400... (good data)
Revved up ~3500 RPM, headlights on: 123400.... (good data)

IT'S POWER. Power has something to do with it. I'll attach all of my logs here. Please enjoy them.

EDIT: To be clear, it seems to be a lack of power. When a load is placed on the SVX electrical system, the converter box can no longer read coherent data. When the load is relieved (i.e. by revving up to increase alternator output) the converter box can once more read coherent data.
Attached Files
File Type: txt idle-noinverter.txt (1.1 KB, 428 views)
File Type: txt junk-idle.txt (954 Bytes, 423 views)
File Type: txt junk-fansidle.txt (1.2 KB, 383 views)
File Type: txt junk-idleheadlights.txt (628 Bytes, 395 views)
File Type: txt FULL TEST.txt (12.5 KB, 467 views)

Last edited by Nomake Wan; 08-22-2007 at 08:21 AM.