View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 04:22 AM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha
Yes!!! That is very useful information. Thanks for the translation.
You're welcome, as always.

Quote:
The ASCII mode comms routine is at FCDD in the SVX code. The commands are 12, 7F and 20 exactly as per Kashima-san's website. I'll give it a try later and see if it works at the higher baud rate. I'll also check what he said about the rate not returning to normal, but at first glance it looks like the baud rate is reset at the start of each comms routine.
If it doesn't work then there may be another way: At the start of each comms routine there is a flag (bit 6 of location 11CF), which indicates which baud rate is currently in use. It checks the flag to see whether it needs to reset the baud rate. Perhaps by switching to the ASCII mode and then clearing the flag we can make it skip the reset when it gets to the Normal mode routine.
I think that's what he meant with the last sentence, actually. He uses the word "head" as in the "beginning" or the "start" of. I now believe the proper translation is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima-san
The result of the command is identified from the header of the received data, so when the baud rate data is received the command creates a baud rate change event.
Does this make sense now?

Quote:
You are right, but not for that reason. Even in the binary mode, the ECU only requires a single "12" to make it stop. If I understand you right, you sent the single 12 at 1936 baud (binary mode) not 4808 baud (ASCII mode)?
I had a quick scan through the TCU code but I can't see anything that looks like an ASCII mode routine.
Ah, no, you're right. I just sent 12 @ 1936. But then why won't the TCU respond as well to 0x12?