View Single Post
Old 04-22-2002, 07:19 AM
UStifosi

Question I need your opinion

After lurking on this board I have decided to take the plunge and buy one. I need to know if you guys (and girls) think this price is right...

- 1992 model AWD w/sunroof, aftermarket am/fm cass (no spoiler)
- 145k miles
- no noticeable body damage

Seller wants $4,000 (no warranty)

Now I drove the car and everything appears to function normally such as engine driveablilty, tranny shifting, steering brakes etc...
I have a few questions.

-Is it normal for the AC to come out only below the dash and not the upper vents? Perhaps some vacuum operated flap is not working?
-Does the sunroof shade slide back w/o the sunroof opening?
-Is it correct to believe that with 145k miles that the tranny has been rebuilt at some point?
-Which brings up my next point...why buy a model with around 100k not knowing for sure if the tranny has been rebuilt
-When I put the tranny in D from P on an upward incline and take my foot off the brake the car wants to roll backwards. Most cars would creep forward of hold there position, right?
-I found 3 inches of standing water in the spare tire compartment. I didn't see any bad seals around the rea trunk lid???
-The brake light idiot light on the dash occaisionally lit up. Is that worn pads or just a bad bulb?

I am looking to put 4k/year on the car. What would you do? I'm thinking maybe $3,000 - $3,500 would be closer not knowing if the tranny could take a dump at any moment.

thanks in advance