View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 05:50 PM

Registered SVX
Re: NEW, OEM Subaru Cup Holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoobCrazy View Post
1) Please don't hijack my thread

2) Everything costs money Cam. I can't do free shipping or packaging. I don't know if you know this, but it costs money to drive to the post office. I paid $35+ each for them, so I think that is a reasonable price. In any case, what do you care if I make a few bucks off it, Cam?

3) I could have not alerted the network members to the dwindling supply. I can just sit on these forever, waiting until mine breaks.

4) As for fabricating your own, go for it! I'm excited to see what you come up with! For the record, the OEM holder is pretty well engineered for the job it needs to do; namely, hold a cup until the drink is empty, then disappear. Sure it's not integrated, but its small, lightweight, cheap to manufacture and design and is actually functional.
1) I truly apologize if my first post started a tangent that derailed the original intent of the thread.

2) I understand everything cost money. It also cost more money for someone to purchase something, and then resell it. Forum members could have had these cheaper from the dealer. You don't see someone buying the last 3 blue windshields and selling them for 2 grand justifying the cost through unnecessary shipping.

3) You could have just made a post saying the part was on its last legs for availability.

4) I have not used an OEM cupholder but I do have a wedgie. I will say I am not happy with the wedgie; I feel it does too much wear on the side of the seat being removed everytime I have a passenger. It does it's job, though. When I fab one, I will most likely make one that is extremely similar to the OEM one. I will probably take flat stock and place a couple of holes in it.

Well, there I go hijacking your thread again...second apologies.

GLWS

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted