View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 02:52 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Registered numbers of colors by year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
Ok, I redid the chart and I seperated Emerald Green from the Polo Green. I should have done it before, but it is done now. Thanks for bringing it up, because someone else would have done it sooner or later.
Earl, this is a great chart showing what colours members have registered, and thank you for putting the work into collating the information.

I've one small quibble with how the information is presented, and I'll tell you what it is. Being on the Registration Forum, members will look at this chart and will expect that these are the colours that were available for the SVX across the world, when in fact that's not actually the case.

What you have listed here as 'Colors offered each year' should probably be qualified further as ' Colors offered each year in the US'. The lists that John and I compiled some years ago separated the information for the world-wide markets. Even that information was not complete, a couple of weeks ago we discovered that Switzerland got the later Bordeaux colour with the black roof!

I'm aware that the chart as presented is using a statistical sample drawn from members' details as supplied, and the vast majority of the study sample is US. However no member has yet supplied details on Dark Grey Mica or Ruby Mica cars, two available SVX colours not listed in your chart.

So it is erroneous to present the information as though it may represent the totality of available colours world-wide, when in fact that's not really the case and this could confuse some members not actually from USA.

Joe

[I'm getting like Trevor, aren't I? ]
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl