View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 02:55 AM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
Sorry but I have only just picked up on this. The Crown/Dodge is something I have not heard of.

There is much more original manufacture down under than you may appreciate. Holdens in particular are certainly not simply an assembly of imported bits. Sure there is much interhouse trading on the basis of economics which is common world wide, but customs duty is not at the forefront.

There was once a large N.Z., assembly industry brought about by a shortage of overseas exchange, but this has gone by the board. The cars as assembled here were often altered considerably from the original, particularly in the handling department. Kiwis like to drive, rather than pander to looks.
My 'pen pal' Neil had one and sent me pics! It was 'duel fuel', had a 318 engine and looked like my mom's 68 Dart!

He also sent me 'Auto trader' magizines, a drag racing mag and a newspaper that showed pics of a lot of rooflines I recognised, on a lot of cars I did NOT.

I have an 'internet' pal that has sent me pics of her husbands Holden that looked like a 'Sunbeam' that I used to own, ETC.

Pre-internet, Neil and I talked of doing an auto parts import thing, but cancelled it over the tariffs that were being imposed.

This all took place 20 years ago.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry