View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

You've never used r-comps or similar though right, it is a completely different ball game. You'll find out the first time you lock 'em up and flat spot 'em. Been there and done it as well as every other person who's gone to deticated tires has (unless they've got a big nose and lie!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX View Post
Hahaha... I hope you're not suggesting I'm just now learning Ben... ... I've been Autocrossing for at least 6 years now, but I'd never bought a set of dedicated Autocross wheels and tires for the SVX before until now... That and the fact that I've probably Autocrossed the SVX 1/8 of the time I actually make it out to an event... Lets see, I'll take a trip down memory lane since I have the time and am bored at the moment...

Cars I've Autocrossed:

- 2007 Lotus Elise (SS)
- 2004 Honda S2000 (AS)
- 2007 Saturn Sky turbo (AS)
- 2002 Corvette Z06 (ASP) <=== That thing is a BLAST and a challenge to keep in a straight line!!!
- 2001 VW Jetta TDI (HS)
- 2001 Mazda Miata SE (CS)
- 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS (STS) <=== By far the BEST car I've EVER autocrossed... Won 2 trophies this year alone in that car and took FTD by nearly 2 seconds at the last Autocross with it
- 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (STX)
- 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi (AS)
- 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi (SM) <=== About 400whp!!! Not good for Autocrossing to say the least...
- 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi (STU)
- 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi (SM)
- 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5 sedan (or whatever they are called nowdays)...

And finally....

- 1995 Subaru SVX (SM)

There are probably a few more cars I could add to the list, but I can't remember that far back at the moment...

I'll have to go check out Harbor Freight too for that sprayer and Jack!!

~ Chris