View Single Post
Old 12-07-2002, 06:09 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Guys,

Please don't forget the following.

The Soarer and others like it were designed much later than the SVX. The SVX was on the show circuit in '89 which means it was conceived & designed in the mid to late eighty. Compare an early Toyota Supra with the last one or a Soarer.
The SVX did not sell, so it received no development except for tranny design fixes
Much as it hurts me to say this; we are driving a driving a dated design on which development was halted. In some areas it is still head and shoulders above what is mainstream on the road (FWD), but in some areas, it is rapidly falling behind current designs. (VDC AWD & Quattro).

In 10-15-20 years it will probably be similar to comparing an MG TC or TF to a Miata or a '68 Vette to a C5, or a BMW 2002 Ti to a current 325i.

Sorry to rain on the parade but sometimes reality is very harsh.
So let's enjoy the SVX ride while it lasts, just like I do every day to & from work.
i got rid of my 928 because, although it was a great car, i had a strange sense of doom approaching (and i hated to see it sit all winter while the car i had to drive to work was outside, covered with snow, cold in the morning, etc) . the 70's-80's mechanical relay/discrete component circuit technology was hard to deal with, although mine was perfect - i had fixed the few electrical gremlins i did have. my 6th sense was right this time, because i've kept in contact with the guy i sold it to , and about 3 months later the engine computer was toast ($1000!!!).
i really like my SVX, and i'm hoping i can get 5-10 years out of it. when its time is up, i'll be looking at the STi or B4 (assuming Subaru brings it over here by then ) who knows, maybe we'll be REAL lucky and see the return of the SVX! i have the AWD monkey on my back and i don't see a cure.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)