View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 07:21 AM

Re: ABS over compensates cont'd, comp codes am I doing this right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Hello Max. How are you getting on?

The procedure you used seems correct. I would have to presume your diagnosis is correct and the Left hand front wheel sensor assembly needs to be replaced.

Have you access to the workshop manual? There are 3 pages on stripping and replacing the sensors, etc.

If you don't have the manual I will scan the three pages for you. Let me know if you need this done.

There is one thing you should do before you order the part. If the tone wheel is cracked or damaged it could be causing a problem. As it is a mechanical part there is no way a code can show if it is broken.

Essentially you should follow the procedure and strip the LH wheel. If you see the tone wheel broken it might be wise to replace that first, then drive the car and see if your 5 code comes back.

If the 5 code does not come back at this point, then probably the sensor is OK.

However, my gut feel is your sensor is broken. If I was in your shoes I would strip it down first to get a look at the tone wheel. If the tone wheel is OK, order your new LH sensor.

Joe

Hello Joe,

All is well thank you. I have been driving the car for only a week now and I do enjoy it so far. I have not used it much as I just imported it some 11 days ago and still have not gone through all the hoops the Govt makes us go through to properly plate and insure the vehicles. Yesterday I did the Provincial mechanical inspection and it passed with no problems. Next week I have to do the Federal but before doing so I need to have daytime running lights 9I will glue the bottom of the headlight switch to the on position and just say that it was s equipped), french aid bag labels which it already has, functioning airbags which it has, KM's showing on the dash which it has but the miles is the outer larger readings but I was told they don't fuss anymore as long as you have both showing at all times, and finally the car needs to have child anchors which I have someone on here that has sent me a set. After all that I can go to get it plated. Should be all next week for the final process.

I do not have access to a shop manual. If you could email me those 3 pages that would be great. It unfortunately will not be I who will be doing the work as I do not poses the experience or tools/facilities to do so but I will go over it with my mechanic and be present when he opens it up. I do not know exactly what the tone wheel part is but if on those three pages I will review but I believe I understand the just of it (some physical part that can cause the sensor to vibrate or have a false reading due to being broken).

my email if easier is

Also, thanks to NiKFu S, for the price estimate in the sensor.

I thank you in advance for your kind help.

Best regards

Max

Last edited by svxistentialist; 11-28-2008 at 08:00 AM. Reason: avoid spam