Thread: watchdog
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 03:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to Duckie
Come on guys, these people are people too. It is amazing how some people dont recognize that people can make mistakes and change. It is ok to be cautious but don't think they are crazy or anything. At the age of 13 one of my best friends was a 27 year old guy who was a registered sex offender for "raping" a boy. Never had a problem with it, he called my parents after he met me and told them the "situation" he was in and that if they didn't want me to be around him they should tell me now and stop me from going over there. They told me and allowed me to make my own decision. Next time I was around him he made sure my parents told me, called them to confirm, was surprised he was considered human unlike everyone else in the neighborhood who looked upon him as a spawn from hell itself. The guy was a great guy and genuine person who could not have been more nice to me and everyone else despite the fact that they were all pricks to him.

The guy got me interested in cars, helped me further myself in martial arts, taught me how to do fire poi, let me take a few rides in his ferrari, and was a great guy. I am not avocating to send your children off to play with sex offenders, but please look at them as real people.

And before you people bash on my parents for allowing me to do what I did, understand that I am a special case. I knew how to defend myself and at the age of 13 had two different blackbelts in two styles and was open state martial arts champion when I was 12. Had it not been for my age my hands would have been registered deadly weapons with the police department (which happened at 16). + my parents are open minded and trust people. Yes, something could have happened to me, but the fact is, it didn't.