View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 04:21 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm

Are you going to market this?
Since the parts are so easy to find, and its so easy to make, I'm not sure that anyone would want to buy a kit. The hardest part was drilling the airbox and the intake pipe, and that was actually more time consuming than it was difficult because I didn't have a large enough drill bit on hand and used a dremel tool to open up the holes.

With that said, if anyone wants a MAF bypass "kit", I'd be happy to gather up the parts and mail them out to whoever wants it. Should probably cost about $20/kit including postage. The Impreza RS fpr would have to be bought at your favorite Subie dealer. I can post the PN if anyone is interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Are those Grey joints hard enough not to melt or change shape?
I was thinking about that last night. Those gray plastic joints are made of a thermoplastic material, so I can heat one up and reshape it. I'll give it a try on Saturday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
I remember that thread. However, through some PM's I've had with Mychailo, he's been tossing this idea around for quite some time. Glad to see it come to fruition and be successfull. ...
The first person I know of to realize that the MAF is maxing out was Porter back in August, 2003.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...12611&p=139768

I think that the first time I saw anything on the SVX board about a bypass was something written by drivemusicnow.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.