Thread: Power Locks
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

I just found the definitions for passive and forced passive arming on Directed's site:

Passive Arming
When placed in this mode, the security system will arm itself 30 seconds after customer leaves the vehicle. Even if you forget to arm the system, passive arming will protect the vehicle from would-be thieves. This feature can be used in conjunction with power door locks and windows to fully secure the vehicle. *See Active Arming.

Forced Passive Arming
The next level of passive arming. Forced Passive Arming ensures that even if you leave your car door open, the system will arm and bypass that particular zone (door, sensor, switch etc.) after one hour. Passive arming must be selected for this feature to be enabled. Great if you leave your vehicle in a hurry and left it unsecured, Forced Passive Arming ensures you are protected always. Use an existing switch in the vehicle as your hidden override switch. Pick your secret switch, and the number of pulses - no thief will ever find it!

I sincerely feel your lock up problems is an actual option that needs to be turned off. I personally would email directed to find out how.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)