View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 11:34 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Hopefully not my last Reading but if this keeps up...

To me, Reading is like a family reunion, the difference being that this is a family I have chosen. I go there to see people that I only see a few times a year, people that I enjoy being with due to our shared appreciation of the SVX.

Why do I appreciate my SVX? It's simple, I love to drive it. I could never afford to own a car that looks, feels and handles like my SVX. She's not a showpiece, she's my daily driver. I could probably buy a little POS to drive so I could keep my SVX looking great and save on maintenance costs, but I don't really want to drive anything else (that I can afford). Thank heavens I have Tom to help me keep her mechanically sound. I will be heartbroken if the day ever comes that I have to "put her down" because I can't get the parts to keep her on the road anymore. Maybe someday if I hit the lottery I can afford another car that I can appreciate as much, but I don't see it happening.

If you come to Reading simply for the cars, I can understand you not wanting to continue attending; I, for one, will continue to attend as long as there are still people who share my love for this car.

And if my great Aunt Mary gets fat and old, I'll still go to the family reunion -- it's not about looks, it's about love.

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint