View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Hopefully not my last Reading but if this keeps up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Wow, I'm sorry I drove the 1000 mile trip in my $500 SVX that has rusted out doors, rusting quarter panels, dented drivers side fender, dented hood and a dent in the roof that I saved from being parted out because some kid really was f***ing the sh!t out of it for the few months he had it before "luckily" the front diff blew on it and he couldn't screw it up anymore. But currently its the one that is in the best mechanical condition. 1 month ago this car wasn't even on the road and yet I put 2400 miles on it this weekend to come out and meet up with people that I've been able to gain strong friendships from. Everyone on here is soooo worried about driving their SVX that they have owned for years even 500 miles or sometimes even less to get to a meet in fear that something might happen due to the age of the cars. Yet I had no real worries about taking this car that I just picked up all that distance.

People come here for the friendships/people than anything, plain and simple!!! Last year I had to bring a Durango and spent as much on gas as it probably would be to have put 4.44 gears in my silver (which still currently remains with a blown high clutch). But I wanted to come and meet the people that I have talked to even though at that time last year, I had only been on the forum for about 6 months. I went there last year and didn't know anyone really and felt somewhat of an outsider but left with a few new friends and met a lot of great people. Those same people that have helped me out with my "adventures" over the past couple months. I could care less if there weren't any SVX there at all, as long as it remained a place that old friends could meet up again once a year and just have a great time doing whatever.
Nate,
I made a 'special' trip to meet you and drove my 'ratty old 222K' to OT's sunday. I had NO problem with the 'condition' of your car! When I saw 'Wisconsin' tags parked in Wiley's Ford, W.Va. I was IMPRESSED!!
I have seen Kansas tags, Manitoba, and all points in between parked in OT's driveway! I KNOW what you guys and gals are all about!
I have seen tags from 30 different states and 2 countrys parked there! ( In West Virginia) I have met 127 members of this site and have not made it to 'Reading' yet!
WE are still alive. The SVX WILL survive because of US!
Keep up the 'good' fight!!

I can remember a day when 24 SVX'es were parked at the airport. A guy asked me if this was a 'local' club? I told him to LOOK at the Tags on the cars! The Conneticut tags on Sicksubi's car and YT's Jersey tags kinda ruled out 'Local', Mike 621, Eric, 'The Red', Tina, Wannarace, from Ohio, Carlos, from Va, Greensvx from The Carolinas, Soviet, etc, etc,

PRIDE!!! We LOVE these cars!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 04-20-2010 at 10:40 PM.