View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 11:29 PM

Re: Where to get service...

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminbreeze View Post
I assume Subaru dealers of course. But then again i almost doubt they know much about this car anyways. Any time i have taken it there they are like wtf. Anyways anyone live near Edmonton Alberta and knows what the hell they are doing in an svx? Let me know if anyone is on here that is skilled with svx maintenance near Edmonton Alberta.
Hi, there are a couple of Subaru dealers in Edmonton.

I have used Rally Subaru and they have done work on 3 of my Subarus. When I bought my SVX I stopped by and they were able to look up my car in there system and show me the work they did on it and remembered the car being there and made comments on the condition. I was pleased with the work they did on my outback (servicing on new car) and my legacy (broken timing belt middle of winter -30C), however, being a dealer you will pay premium for labour and parts. I did not find anyone else in Edmonton/Sherwood Park that specialized in Subaru. Since I do 90% of my own work I did not look very hard.

Red Deer has a dealer, however, I do not know much about them. Calgary has a couple of dealers, been to both. One all the part guys could say was "SVX parts are really really expensive" the part he quoted I could pick up 1/3 the cost by ordering from the US. The other did work on my SVX and I have seen other SVX in their shop.

I would post or have this thread moved to the Canadian Forums to see if any other guys in Alberta post. There is a fair number of these in Edmonton and in Calgary.

You could check/post on the Western (Canada) Subaru Club site. You should be able to find independent shop that do work on Subaru's. There are several shops in Red Deer. I doubt they will have much knowledge of SVX, however, a good Subaru mechanic should be able to address 90% of your needs and what they can not you can find an answer here as this is where most of the experts are.

Kijiji has a listing for a SVX engine $350 from a 97 with 75K km out of Didsbury, it would probably be cheaper having that installed than repairing the one you have especially if you do the work yourself.

Peter