View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Quick Change for the SVX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_ View Post
Does this qc-kit work on my vtd transmission and does this prevent transmission failure by somehow?

And one OT question but I think people here knows this too: I just notice some slippage in transmission but it disappeared after oil change. Can I use this kind of atf protectant or is it unnecessary http://www.lubegard.com/~/C-112/LUBE...uid+Protectant ?

I am started to scare when my transmission fail, original vtd tranny and 200tkm...
Hi Chris, yes I developed it on my 95 VTD Aust. car, that has been running it since April 07.
Your 94 model has the better box, with all the later mods done to it, so don't live in fear of it dieing. The way the QC alterers the gearbox line pressure when the change takes place, ensures that the clutches and band have full 'throttle pressure' applied to them to prevent any slipping on engagement.
When overtaking, it allows the torque converter to fully work to multiply the torque, providing fast, safe overtaking.

As for the ATF additive, I don't use any, so can't say. There are members that have used these. and could tell you.
If you work on the rule, to use 3rd gear if you are running at <100kph, 4th over that, you will reduce the heat the converter will generate, and reduce the load on the box.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.