View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: new auto tranny, same problem: no 3rd and 4th speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NEW GUY View Post
thanks harvey. You must be so busy with all the trans problems we can see here lately.
I finish completing the antifreeze level and put the car down on the floor for the first road test and guess what? all the speeds worked great!
Looks like I mistake the speeds change sensation... while testing the car on the air and still cold. panic!.
sorry.
but still would like to know: left side is driver side?
thank you very much.
have you ever consider install a micro plc to make a 4EAT sequential speed change with a switch "auto-sequential"?
where are you located? may be I can visit you and prepare one of this together...
I'm in montreal and I know about micro PLC's...
It would be a bit strange for both box's to have a high clutch problem. So you are right to go.
Yes the left side, sitting in the drivers seat. The right side plug goes to the selector inhibitor switch, left goes to the electrical solenoids.

Quote:
have you ever consider install a micro plc to make a 4EAT sequential speed change with a switch "auto-sequential"?
where are you located? may be I can visit you and prepare one of this together...
Funny you should say this. I did this a while ago to use in my car as I have no right arm, and changing gears in the twists was not easy, used a pair of buttons on the wheel. There are just too many connections to the TCU to make it an option.
As Blacky says, I am in Aust.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.