View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 08:31 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
If your auto is healthy and you want a newer sports car, get one. For the price of an svx face lift you could get a used Firebird or something with more horsepower than people around here are dumping their life savings to achieve. Food for thought.
The firebird or F body to me isnt really classy. Not that i'm focused on self-image, but I totally can't see myself rolling up in one. That and they're not refined in my opinion.

I wanted something more along the lines of a used japanese flagship, since they tend to be the cars to keep around, are more well built and designed to last.

I'm not looking for horsepower. I'm looking for something sporty, agile, sleek and classy. By classy, I mean not boy racerish. It has to have some power behind it but i'm not looking to break 1/4 mile records. It would most likely stay stock. Luxury is not so much a requirement, but some basics would be nice such as leather. It has to be a 5/6 speed.

I think the cars that really fit into this category for me are: the svx, s2000, SC300/400, the MK4 supra, the MR2 Turbo, the 350z, RX8 and the G35 coupe. All of these cars would be used, I would not want to drive it off the lot new.

The s2000 seems to be the best compromise for what I want.

The other thing would just be finishing up the 5 speed that hopefully svxpert can source the tranny. Then the only other thing I would do is upgrade to Stage 2 with cams, the Tomyx intake, new leather upholstery, WRX steering wheel. Then it should have enough power over stock for me to really want since the rest of the car behaves the way I would like it to (handling and brakes).
2012 Camry V6 SE

Last edited by Tim; 12-03-2007 at 08:36 PM.