View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 12:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
Sounds good. Have you seen any numbers on the capabilities of the EJ20 vs the EJ25 in the STi? I would think the STi should be able to get into the 400's fairly easy since it's at 300 stock. You still using your originaly motor? I have seen ads for JDM EJ20's that were used in the older STi's and RA's that were 276hp+. Good luck!!!!
yes pa the older sti version motors are the best to get even the 2.0 sti verses the US 2.5 liter is better.

its varly easy to get 350 hp out of sti, but they are limited to what the stock turbo puts out,

there are many things that actually hender really high hp sti's the drive by wire is one,, doesnt do much but cause more head aches, also the cams wich are electronicaly controled, not sure what the call them,, same as the vtec concept they also cause issues.. also being a whole new engine 2.5 liters parts are hard to come bye in the after market world

i think versions 7 and 8 are the best year to get they shimless buckets. and capable of reving to 8,500 rpms wich im planing on using those heads,,

also the standard wrx internals are prety weak they use steal rods not forged also no stainless teeel valves. and feruim or whatever its called ,,valves

basicaly like always the US gets screwed on the good stuff.