View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
You know, I never considered renting to be more expensive leaving the car out of state. Plan on hitting AAA on Monday to explore the cost of my options. Thought about the bus trip but it is a 19 - 21 hour ride depending on departure time. None too excited about the idea of sitting in a bus for a whole day. I will find out on Monday what the car rental costs will be. Flying is still an option I am open to if I can keep the cost down to a reasonable amount.

Johnny
a one way rental isn't cheap. it'll probably run over $100 depending on which state you leave it in. i had to pay like $150-$200 when i left my rental up near Butler, PA when i picked up my svx. about what? $40 in gas? so about $200-$220 for a one way trip down?

airfare would probably run you $200-$250.

don't know about bus fares or train fares, but i imagine they would run between $75-$150 one way.

gas on the return trip $40-$60?

so about $300 (except for bus or train) total to get the car and back + time. i think you can ship a car from Huck's place to where you live for about $500.

i got quoted by a few places to ship from chicago to atlanta for that price. if it were me, i'd ship it to save time and piece of mind.