View Single Post
Old 11-13-2003, 08:01 PM
^ has Subaru issues

Send a message via AIM to Kurt_W
Leaking Power Steering hoses...

Hi, I have a 92 and the high pressure line is leaking. It is the top one that runs from the pump through the sensor and along the top of the passenger side head. I have included some pictures including some marked ones in my locker http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Kurt_W|12938

On my car, this line is made up of 2 sections: a metal pipe that attaches to the pump and runs along the top of the head. At the back of the head it is joined by a rubber hose with metal ends clamped onto it. The hose has a bracket attached at the bottom end that bolts it to the engine engine crossmember. The rubber line is leaking where the metal piece is crimped on the end. (marked "ps leak 2 marked".)

Now according to subaruparts.com, there are 2 replacements available. The 2 piece like the one I have (34610PA031) and a single piece one that runs from the pump clear to engine crossmember (34610PA120.) According to Liberty Subaru's parts catalog (found at www.newsubari.com) the single piece is the one that should be used, but if you enter in the parts # for the 2 piece, it lists that as a 1992 part only.

I'm wondering if I can replace my 2 piece design with the single piece or whether I should just get the replacement part I need to fix my 2 piece design. Anyone have an opinion or know what a later model uses?

Thanks,
Kurt
'91 Miata - a lot-o-miles
'88 CRX Si/B16 not-so-SiR
'73 Datsun 240Z