Thread: Hummer H3
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 06:05 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248

The 3.5L I5 fits the exact same mounts that the 4.2L I6 fits. The H3 uses the exact same platform as the Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon. For the Colorado, the 4.2L will be available in Z-suspension upgrade models starting for the 2006 model year, and in spring of 2006, the Colorado SS (packing the 390hp version of the LS2) will debut, showing that yes you can fit a V8 under that hood. The GMC Canyon Denali will likely carry the 5.3L Alum motor (LS4) as a GMC counterpart for 2006. All that being the case, i'd say it won't be long before you see the LS4 under the hood of the H3. Finally then we'll see a Hummer that's not underpowered.

Yeah, i'm going to have to go ahead and sorta disagree with ya there, bob. I am by no means an H2 fan, however i'd say based on my experience with both vehicles off road, i'd definetly take the H2 in extreme situations. The Wrangler is more spry, however the H2 has the torque, running gear, and ground clearance to handle tough situations, whereas the Wrangler is too light with much smaller tires.
Just going by what GM said why they used the I5. It was something about hood clearance or something stupid like that.

You can disagree all you want. I know you're wrong. Lets take clearance as an example. It actually has less than a Wrangler when wheelbase and width is taken into acount plus due to its size it needs more clearance so it doesn't beach itself. Torque yes, running gear no. I wouldn't trust it for going to the store let alone in 2 feet of snow. The best part about the jeep is the well $30k you'd save by not looking like a fat pig who can't get a hummer elsewhere so they need to buy one.