View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 06:39 PM
look like a leprechaun to me

Re: Power steering issue...bad pump?

Thanks all for the replies...sorry I haven't been on in a couple days, been a busy weekend. I had to swap the radiator in the SVX, and change the timing belt (yuck) and troubleshoot a no-start issue on my Prelude. Got all of that done, both cars are running great now, now back to the pump...

I haven't pulled the belt off yet, as I wanted the car running when I changed the radiator out to test it and check for leaks and what not. Ran out of time to inspect the pulley, as it started raining right after I got done with the rad. I may try rebuilding the pump, the job doesn't look too bad. Is there a "rebuild kit" available from Subaru that has all of that stuff in it? Or a list of part numbers floating around that includes all of the rebuild parts?

The car is down for now anyways. It was making a nasty clattering noise over bumps, so I inspected the calipers when I was down there...sure enough, the right front caliper slide pin was MISSING, and the one on the other side was backing out New pin is on order, and the car is off the road till it's in. So, if your car makes nasty noises over bumps, look at your slide pins.

EDIT: Stelth, thanks for the pics...those will be extremely helpful when I do the job.