View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 01:50 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I am totaly blown away by the information is this thread.
Not even a Subaru Master tech at a dealer knows all this stuff. The dealers official policy is trranny replacement

I can see a lot of technical experience here to ask my IMPORTANT question:

Can either of you two by looking at the designs and layout of the SVX tranny (or the outback 4EAT) design a workable solution to allow modification trans-brake operation? (track purposes)[/B][/SIZE]
Chris,

As you will be well aware the operation of a trans-brake involves in the main mechanical modifications to the valve body, so that first and reverse gears can be simultaneously engaged under controlled conditions. Those best equipped to advise you, will have had hands on experience with the mechanical components involved. There are members here who have completed their own rebuilds. Plumbing is the key word.

The problems will be associated with the existing valve gear, passage routings, available space and variations between models which may be suitable for adaptation, or the transposition of components.

The hydraulics involved in lock up braking, are normally controlled by means of an extra simple on/off solenoid valve, triggered by means of a push button. In this connection an electrical, interlock could be desirable to prevent the system operating, unless the car is stationery. Should information be required in this regard, I would be pleased to assist.

It is of course easy to check hydraulic circuits in the manual and spout forth much impressive stuff of no real practical value. I will leave this opportunity open for the one so inclined.

This particular thread has a nasty smell and taste. It would be as well to open the topic in fresh thread.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!