Thread: Stealth mode?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 10:19 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Re: Funny little thing....

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
I have never been stopped or gotten a moving violation before (amazing but true). But I have been in cars that have been stopped at night and one thing that I have noticed is that the cop never fails to blind you and your passenger with that massive Mag Lite that he has.... I have always wanted to have a 2 million candle power spot light pluged in and when the cop comes up to the window and asks "How are you doing" I would flash that big spot light right at him and reply nice and loud "Fine officer how 'bout you???" ...... But I am almost positive that he would draw his gun on me and possibly think that I am some crazy bastard and shoot me..... The last thing that I need is to have my command hear about how I blinded a cop on the side of the road and got a gun pulled on me and arrested for it!!!!! I don't know how I'd explane that one

From my time as LE.... you would definitely create a situation that you would not come out well on....... Please don't get into a situation where you put the officer in any more fear for his life than he normally has.... I know that there is the occasional @sshole cop..... But if you had to deal with the abuse and constant adrenaline rush that they go through every time they approach a car.... you would understand.... They don't deal with the same type of people you deal with all day... Most of the people that they deal with are trying to get away with something. That's how they approach every stop. The ones that don't, end up hurt or worse..... With very few exceptions if you get pulled over.... there's a reason... It may not be something you did... It may be just the color of your hair... the color of your car.... even the direction you are coming from... If you listen to police radio... You will understand that sometimes the information that we get is somewhat incomplete due to "eye witness" information.. Sometimes the officer will extrapolate on the information just so that something won't get by him/her. Be nice… Drive safe and have fun… Remember moderation in all things… Including moderation!!!!
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .