View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 12:36 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Thumbs up Sumitomo HTR-200 tires

I put a set of these on my Justy for this year's autocross season. I figured, for $30 each, I can afford to chew them up in one season.

They've proven to be really nice tires. Even after several autocross days, they've proven to stay pretty soft. They're not coming apart like many street tires I've seen.

Even after repeated runs in quick succession, they don't seem succumb to heat like most street tires. Of course, I've only done a few runs back-to-back. Who knows how they'd do if I kept it up for longer.

The tires are, of course, wearing in an abnormal way. Since I started autocrossing on them when they were brand-new, the tread blocks are getting rounded off instead of wearing evenly. This is especially true in the front. I'll probably rotate them before the next event.

Anyway, since I like these so much I was thinking about putting a set on the SVX, but Sumitomo doesn't make the tire in 16-inch sizes. Boo.

But if you're looking for a really good summer tire for 13-15 inch applications, I say look no further.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE