View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
The SVX hauler suffered an injury :p

Thursday night pulled into a rest area to catch some Z's. Being overtired and not thinking enough, pulled up a bit too close (about 5 feet) behind a big rig and trailer and was out of his view. (Pulled up that close to get the van and dolly fully parked in place and out of the narrow lane of traffic) And because a dolly can be a bit of a pain to back up and again, way too tired, just figured, i'm parked, it's good.
Well, a few hours later, heard a truck start up and there was a trailer slowly coming back towards me, quick tried honking, etc but it backed into me and pushed me backwards a good few feet. (van in park mind you) The truck driver then pulled into a parking spot, I went and looked at the damage, got back in, started it up, made sure the transaxle wasn't damaged, and then didn't really care. It would have been viewed at 50/50 fault anyway and I could have talked to the driver if I had cared enough. But seeing as it just did slight cosmetic damage, I continued on my way and it made it the 250 miles from the KY/TN border to Indianapolis just fine. Now it just has some battle wounds

Last edited by 1986nate; 10-14-2011 at 05:25 PM.