Thread: Camber kits
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 09:47 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by mbtoloczko

My comments in that post weren't in reference to the kit that SVXRide is looking at on ebay at this time.

With my front springs in your car, you probably will not need a camber kit with the front, but it will be right at the limit. The range with the stock front camber bolts and my springs is about -1.4 deg to -0.8 deg. -0.8 is an ok number. The stock nominal spec is -0.4 deg. Our cars don't need to dial in a huge amount of camber in the front because our cars have a large amount of caster (much more than most cars) which automatically builds in camber as the steering wheel is turned. You'll want to put some camber bolts in the rear though. The ones I have in my car are this brand:

http://www.specprod.com/

The part# is 81260

You can get them at many alignment shops for about $25-$30. I've had no problems with mine. Simple to install and easy to use.

Mychailo,
thanks...so your suggested "rat tail file" mod will cover me for the front end?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker