View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
On the Level

Phil and Belha [b3lha] in the UK had a Level 10 fit-out to their car. It recently went toast, and they had to refurb the box.

I was surprised, as the blurb seems to indicate bulletproof, plus the ability to handle way more hp and torque than the SVX puts out. Now, in saying I was surprised, this was put in context when I realised that they have about 250 or maybe 280K on the car. And I mean miles, not puny kilometres!!

Phil may correct me on the above mileage, but it's pretty high. A lot of the cost they paid getting the job done was in shipping the heavy tranny to and from the USA. When the box failed, Level 10 offered to send the special clutch packs to the UK for free, so that Phil could get them fitted there locally without high transport charges. This is obviously a compromise, but I was impressed at their customer commitment, since the cost of the clutch kit at Level 10 is $500!!

They said it was the first one to fail, so it seems a good kit for high mileage. The UK transmission company said that they would not use such an expensive clutch pack if they were fixing the tranny themselves, the standard available set was "good enough" in their view.

However, since Phil had never fitted an auxiliary cooler with the Level 10 tranny in the first place, I think it is a testament to a good job that it lasted so many miles. But that's my opinion. I know Phil was unhappy it failed, having paid so much serious money for it, and believing it was for the life of the car.

I reckon if you got a Level 10 kit, and also fitted an extra cooler, it probably would outlast the car. It would want to at the price. I'm hoping to supercharge mine this year, and I don't want a manual tranny, so if, [maybe when ] the tranny burns up, I would be fitting the Level 10 clutch pack, that's for sure.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl