View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 12:28 PM

Registered SVX
Engine, gearbox & Diff oils

Hi guys,

Just a bit of advise on which oil everyone is using or recommends for UK weather in a JDM. I will be using fully synthetic Motul & have been advised 10w/30? again different advice on gear and diff oils!

I know there are numerous threads but they are mainly for our US friends and there weather & usage conditions are totally different to ours, plus different gearboxes!

The oil was changed less than 1000 miles ago in Japan & looks like its straight out the can still! Im having the car totally serviced in the next few weeks when I can get a ramp free for a day and want to change all the oil, brake fluid, coolant as well as belts, water pump etc. I have just fitted an STI panel filter in the standard airbox, midrange is much better and it revs through the range much more quickly, im 50/50 if the cost is really worth it but I know im not giong to have the MAF problems from something like K&N or loss of power with a cone filter and the STI filter is a fully proven upgrade.

The car has only covered 70K (miles) and had a cambelt change at around 55K (miles) but as its only a 3rd car and will be used for a 3 week blast accross europe around May time I might as well change everthing in 1 go and its done for the next couple of years and no worries! (touch wood lol)