Thread: Loose Hose
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2001, 09:30 AM
Multiple Suby Owner

Battery cover

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
take a look at that battery cover saying svx, I like, where can I get it? also I just tried using gunk and cd-2 or something of that nature to clean the engine bay. It worked but I want to have it looking emaculate, is it better just to have it steamcleaned or something like that professionally? also is it ok to hose down the engine with all the electrical components covered? any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance guys
chris
The SVX on my battery is not a cover. It is just a sticker I made to take place of the Delco label that I peeled off because it looked out of place. You can hose down your engine without covering anything if you are careful about where and how hard you spray certain things. Of course anything could happen so do this at your own risk. A professional steam cleaning would also work.They should know what to do without messing anything up.
To get it looking immaculate you also need to get in there and use some elbow grease to get into all of the nooks and craneys.