View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Graphic Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
Saw this yesterday. Didn't affect me as much as it should, but there are rumors the dog was already dead, and yelping is edited in, etc.
The fact it barely moves (yes I can see it's tied) makes that easier to believe.

Only those guys know.
It is interesting how quickly the morally inept come up with talking points, isn't it? (Not speaking to you nickfu, but to the neoconservative pundits littering the radio dial.)

Ockham's razor surely applies here, all things being equal entities should not be multiplied needlessly; the simplest of two competing theories is to be preferred

In other words, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

In any case, I find it hard to find the lesser of two evils, a group of soldiers so dehumanized by their ordeal that they think nothing of causing needless pain to innocent creatures. Or a group of soldiers so dehumanized by their ordeal that they think nothing of creating the perception that there is no shred of humanity left in them.

Ha, ha, ha, indeed.

I support our troops, I pray for them, to assign blame to 18-20 year old boys when they are thrown into hell with no clear enemy, no clear objective is a lot like arguing which part of the gun killed the man. It wasn't the weapon, but the shooter.

They are told essentially that these people are bad, because we shoot them and kill them in thier own land. Because their brothers are so completely outraged by blatant disregard for human life that they take up their fallen family members rifle.

It is a credit to the moral fabric of this country that more of them don't do **** like this.

Quote:
Also, as someone else said; "200,000 Iraqis - who cares? 1 Puppy - moral outrage!!!!", TBH.

We have been duped. We are constantly fed the line of thinking that we are not at war with people, but instead at war with an abstract, soldiers don't kill human beings, they "take out" "targets". This place wasn't a soverign country, it was a "nest of terrorists" The simple fact is the moral outrage isn't there because we are told that these people are not humans, you'll never see them on the street, you'll never morn with the mother of a fallen iraqi. But holy hell, that puppy sure did look like mine, it sure did sound like mine when it was hurt, and I certainly identify with its death.

The moral outrage is occurring because **** like this reminds us that this happened on the same planet we live on, under the same skies we wake up under, to people not a whole lot different than us. This wasn't re-enacted for the benefit of fox news and CNN, it is actually ****ing going down

I'm tired, and sick, and I'm sorry if I'm rambling.

-Patrick

1995 Ebony Pearl. S.N. 0001 "Araby"

JDM Power Mode Switch, Integrated GPS/Video Player
6Xk Miles.

1992 Teal - Sold to Mysvxrocks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]