View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
I'm ordering my pistons as soon as the new one from the dealer that I'm giving them as a sample comes in. If you're ready to order a set I can put that order in at the same time. The lead time is 6 weeks. They are $972

The pistons design is according to what will work best more than it is a particular compression ratio. I'm havng them make the pistons without the domes and with the valve reliefs deeper to match the cams and inter connected. Compression ratio will be somewhere around 8.5. I won't know the exact # until I am on the phone with them and we are finishing the design in their cad software. The piston design is geared for high levels of forced induction including features like gas porting, appropriate rings, and tool steel pins.

As for the cams, there is no particular head work required. Just the usual stuff you do when rebuilding an engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdigerlando
Will you be offering a commercially available cam, spring, headwork package? Might I suggest copper head gaskets and light porting too? I would be very interested in getting whatever you come up with, including lower compression pistons for noninterferance and FI. What compression ratio will you be going to? I live fairly close to you (Longwood, FL). Let me know. If you have any shops you would recommend for engine rebuilding I would be very interested too. I am considering steel or DI sleeving, closing the deck, cosworth rod and main bearings, oil squirters, and chromoly rods.

Let me know

Thanks