View Single Post
Old 03-13-2002, 06:13 AM
Tired

Problem solved!

Quote:
Originally posted by trentak
Hey SVXJazz, a fellow North Carolinian here from Charlotte. Probably not the same problem, but lately I have been hearing a clunking too when I hit certain bumps, but I know what my noise is...it is the power antenna going down just for a split second then going back up, like it has a loose power cable that shakes loose over bumps. being under the car a few times, I have seen many places where it could be, but the first thing I would check if I were you is the rubber bushing on the anti-roll bar coming off the suspension. I had the same problem, a knocking, but it was on my front wheel, and it would rattle and knock over rough and bumpy roads. Hope you figure it out!
Trent,

You were on the mark about the anti roll bar. The end-link on the drivers side was loose where it connected to the hub. The sound was being transmitted from the hub to the strut. That's why it was so loud in the cabin. I had to put the car up on ramps and shake the anti-roll bar pretty hard to notice the looseness. I then used two metric wrenches, one to hold the holt and the other to tighten the nut. It completely fixed it.

I hope this helps anyone else who has been dealing with the same type of noise.

1992 LSl (Black Mica)
1965 Mustang G.T. Fastback
1990 Mustang G.T. Convertible
1986 1/2 Nissan 4x4
2004 Vovlo XC70 (wife's)

Wonderful Wife
Wonderful Son
2 Cats

Incredibly blessed!