View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 03:29 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
Obviously you've never driven one. You live in pittsburgh, where seeing 30 of something a day makes it rare. I know this because I used to live there. I'm lucky if I see 1 WS6 per week. I do see quite a few Firebirds though. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?
i know the difference between the WS6 and a Firebird. i see one downtown everyday and one up the street everyday. i see others out on the road, along with numerous Camaro SS's. maybe they aren't all WS6's and just slapped the ram-air hood on.

Quote:
Everyone has their favorite race, that's fine. I can just as easily take my car to the track and run in circles all day. But I don't find that anywhere near as much fun. If I wanted a track car, i'd have spent the $800 to make the car pull almost 1g on the skidpad and then slap a number on the side and lead the pack in circles, which I guess would then make me a better person? Truth is, the best suspension in the world won't make your car rule the street. If you don't have straight line power, you're just normal. You don't even have to PROVE that you have power, just give the appearance of power, and these days, that's good enough.
i guess you have NASCAR on the brain. when i say 'track', i mean one that has more than one big left turn. i suppose "ruling the street" (in a straight line) is what really matters in life.

you should spend the $800 and slap the number on the side if that's all you need to win races. you could make a lot of money winning races with such a small investment. you apparently have professional driving skills, so why not?

Quote:
If car magazine editors can drive cars around the track almost as fast as the pros, it obviously doesn't take any more skill. That's just BS.
oh, i see now. you've been huffing paint fumes.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)