View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 07:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to KAMzilla77
I just got off the phone with one of the techs at Tri-State, they told me that the reason they keep going bad is the fact that there not factory alternators. For some reason rebuilt alternators from NAPA and CAP are rebuilt correctly for our cars. He said he hears it all the time on our cars and some of the legacy's. And for the $180 for the supposed 110amp alternator that has given me nothing but headaches I wish I just spent the $300 for the factory rebuilt one. Only downfall is the 90 day warranty. But he said if they install it I would have a one year warranty($72 labor). And a no bulls&$@ warranty no matter how many times it dies god forbid they'll replace it no charge parts and labor. Unlike NAPA's fake lifetime warranty which is only on the first one the give you after that it's 30 days. Or complain to the manager on the phone for an hour. Now the problem is getting them to give me my money back plus the core for the factory one I gave them that they can't give me back. We'll see what happens.

Sorry for the rambling, I'm just really peeved right now.