View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 08:11 PM
moosens

I'm booked at the Super 8 or some such cheapy in Harrisburg with the wife and kids....sorry Subafreak.

Money is mighty tight for me,I know that,but for $15 for your single car regiatration you get 2 adults in at no additional charge for the whole weekend.

You will love this show.All sorts of cars from Italy,England,France,Germany,etc.etc.....and kit cars that will change your mind about kit cars once you see them "exposed".Swap meet...I hear some guy from Connecticut is brings down some Subaru parts...just a rumor.

There's some entertainment also.

In my opinion,and hopefully yours,Subaru deserves to be at shows whether it be local or national like Carlisle.All Subarus are unique but especially the "pre-SUV" yuppiemobile era Subarus."We" showed their asses the way to make a drivetrain and to this date Subaru still rules high productuon consumer vehicles in the way of affordable 4 Wheel Drive.

Tell that Audi "all track driver/whatever"owner to stuff it.Your's was bred with traction,not developed to suit a growing market.

Look,everybody who's worried that the car they want to bring isn't "show quality".Of course that'd be nice to see but it's not necessary.I'm bringing my '78 wagon unrestored.I just won't have the time between now and then to make it any much prettier.But it has like 82k and is not rusted out because it was treated with Zeibart,and done correctly for a change.It's been through like 5 owners and 3 of us are tradesmen.2 painters and a carpenter and it still looks very decent so I'm proud of it.Plus I feel it has historical value.Early 4wheel drive commuter car.

Come on kids.Even if you just make it for Saturday that's fine.If we get 25 I COOK!!! and momma mia you're a gunna love-a my lasagne.....mmmmmm.

Saturday is the day we figure most of us will be able to attend.The show starts Friday and ends Sunday.Drawing for free car on Sunday.We'll collect the car if your ticket wins.Everyone who enters gets a ticket with admission so you all have a shot at it.

Please register under "Ultimate Subaru" where they ask for a club name.We're at 18 as of the other night.Hope some of you SVX folks can put us over the top.

I guarantee you'll have a much greater appreciation for Subarus when you hang out with some old school folks.Please join us and be part of the vintage or at least unique Subaru owners who care about them enough to join messageboards and keep them roadgoing.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! Rough and ready!!!

Last edited by moosens; 04-07-2004 at 08:15 PM.